How to make catheterization by probe in boys in wheelchair wheelchair
Here is the procedure that will allow you to empty your bladder adequately. We will guide you step by step, you will see it is rather simple once you have learned it.
Here is a summary of the different stages
- Always start by washing your hands carefully with water and soap.
- Prepare all the equipment you will need for your urinary survey.
1- Urinary probe
2- Soft soap
- The label is lowered which covers the sticker tablet on the packaging of the probe.
- Glue the sticker tablet on a clean and smooth surface so as to make the packaging hang vertically and make it easily accessible when you are ready to sound.
- Open the upper part of the packaging by pulling the ring towards you and then down.
*Only reveals the connector for the moment
- Connect the collector bag to the probe and put it in a secure location.
- Lower your clothing and underwear so that you can easily reach your penis.
*You can sound in front of the toilet, on the side or seated on it as you prefer.
- You have to correctly clean the end of your penis. Pull your foreskin backwards and clean the glans using compresses.
*Be careful to keep your penis decalotted and avoid any contact with your clothes or your skin.
- Get out the probe of its packaging.
*Pay attention to what she does not touch anything before insertion.
- Ractress your penis to pulling him slightly up towards your belly.
- Slightly compress the glans to open the urethral meatus
- Relax and gently insert the probe into the urethra following the indications that have been given to you.
- Continues to insert the probe to the bladder and that the urine begins to flow.
- Insert a few centimeters.
- When the urine stops flowing, straightens up slightly to make sure that nothing left in your bladder.
- Remove the probe slowly.
*If you use a probe with a right end, make it rotate during the withdrawal and stop each time urine flows.
- When you finish, throw the probe and its packaging in the trash.
* Do not throw to the toilet
- Lave your hands again and it's over!
The survey must be carried out only on medical advice and strictly according to the indications of the attending physician or the nurse (era). You must carefully read the product instructions instructions before use.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.