How to perform catheterization by probe in girls in wheelchairs
Here is the procedure that will allow you to empty your bladder adequately using a probe. We will guide you step by step, you will see it is rather simple once you have learned it.
Here is a summary of the different stages
- Always start by washing your hands carefully with water and soap.
- Prepare all the equipment you will need for your urinary survey.
2- Soft soap
4- Mirror (which will serve you to locate the ureth orifice of the urethra)
- Take off your clothes so as to access your urethra.
- Remove the probe protective tube.
1- Take the probe vertically, the shortest part down.
2- Turn the two parts in opposite direction to tear the plastic film.
3- Always by maintaining the probe vertically, separates the two parts by slowly pulling on each of them until feeling a small resistance.
4- Lightly fold the grip handle in front and back to release the probe.
5- Then empty the liquid in the lower tube.
- Place the probe vertically on a flat surface by keeping it on the grip handle.
*Be careful not to touch the lubricated part of the probe with your skin or your clothes.
- Cleans the lip contour delicately before the insertion of the probe in the urethra.
*End a mirror to your thigh if you need it.
- Gently spreads the small lips and cleanses the urethra orifice using compresses.
*Once the toilet has been done, hold the lips apart.
*Be careful that the probe touches anything before insertion.
- Relax and gently insert the probe into the urethra following the indications that have been given to you.
- Continues to insert the probe into the urethra until the urine begins to flow.
*If you miss the urethra, use a new probe.
- When the urine stops flowing, straightens up slightly to make sure that nothing left in your bladder.
- Remove the probe gently by rotating it slightly. When nothing flows, it is because your bladder is empty.
- When you finish, throw the probe and its packaging in the trash.
* Do not throw to the toilet
- Lave your hands again and it's over!
The survey must be carried out only on medical advice and strictly according to the indications of the attending physician or the nurse (era). You must carefully read the product instructions instructions before use.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.